Upcoming Fair promos
149th of the Wisconsin Valley Fair in Marathon County, Wisconsin
Buy gate and reserved grandstand tickets here
Over 900 local 4-H and FFA youth will showcase their exhibits, August 1-6 in Marathon Park
There will be over 150 vendors waiting to serve you the first week of August!
Your favorite free contests and a few new ones will be announced soon!
untitled design 5.png
Dept. 6 HORSES
Superintendents: Kathy Guthman, Jaimi Hoernke & Wendy Goffin
Judge: Jody Zamzow-Woller
Location: Horse Show Ring
Dept. 1 DAIRY (Holsteins, Show of Champions, Special Classes, Jr Holstein
Superintendents: John Slipek, Colleen Geurink & Gary Beastrom
Judge: Mitch Amubdson & Tony Brey
Location: Judging Pavilion
Dept. 7 POULTRY
Superintendent: Linda Ploeckelman & David Ploeckelman
Judge: David Laatsch & Perry Wolff
Location: Poultry Barn
Dept. 3 SWINE (beginning with showmanship)
Superintendents: Mark Zimmerman & Becky Wirkus
Judge: Aerica Bjurstrom
Location: Multi-Purpose Building 2
Dept. 5 GOATS
Superintendent: Lisa Thompson & Dorothy Carey
Judge: Dave Daubert
Location: Beef Barn
12:00 pm AMAZING RACE (REGISTRATION AT 12, RACE BEGINS AT 12:30)
Location: Meeting Hall (Next to Little Red Schoolhouse)
**Judges will take a lunch break from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.
9:00 pm YOUTH BUILDING CLOSES
9:30 pm Barns Close – Dairy Barn closes at 10:30 pm
The Wisconsin Valley Fair is looking for someone between the ages of 18 and 25, who has excellent communication and computer skills to serve as the 2017 Fairest of the Fair.
1. Is the official ambassador for the Wisconsin Valley Fair and needs to have knowledge of it
2. Be available for 30 hours per week throughout the summer (mid-May to mid-August)
3. Speak at day cares, dairy breakfasts, and various other community events
4. Hold regular office hours by answering the phone, greeting customers, and assisting with other office tasks as assigned
5. Serve as the official host of the Wisconsin Valley Fair with numerous responsibilities during the week of the fair, August 1-6, 2017.
6. Represent the Wisconsin Valley Fair at the Wisconsin Association of Fairs Convention in Wisconsin Dells in January of 2018, where you will compete to be the Wisconsin Fairest of Fairs—a one-year position promoting fairs throughout the state
Application due by December 30, 2016. The 2017 Fairest of the Fair will be announced on March 9, 2017 at the Farm City Dinner.
Wausau is the site of the annual Wisconsin Valley Fair, one of the oldest and largest agricultural fairs in Wisconsin. The fair is normally held in early August at Marathon Park, an eighty acre site that was acquired by the Marathon County Agricultural Society in 1867.
The first Wisconsin Valley Fair was held in Marathon Park in 1868, only twenty years after Wisconsin received statehood. In 1920, the land was deeded by the Marathon County Agricultural Society to Marathon County.